Monday, July 8, 2013

"Holy Sweet Balls, Batman!" Recipe

I can see myself screaming, "Holy Sweet Balls, Batman!", hence how the name came to be. If you don't know me then you wouldn't understand my love for the Batman. These balls are super easy to make and they are sweet to the taste. Did I mention that they are actually healthy for you?

 
Recipe:
6 Dates
6 Dried Figs
3 to 4 tablespoons water
3/4 cup of Almond Meal
3/4 cup of Almond butter or Peanut butter
1 cup of coconut flakes
3 table spoons of Steel cut oats
2 Carob chips
 
 
Take your dates and figs and soak them in a jar over night in your refrigerator. The next day, place the dates and figs in your blender. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the juice the dates/figs were soaking in. Blend. Add coconut to blender and blend. It will have a gritty smooth texture. Leave this mixture in the blender as you grab a medium bowl for the rest of the ingredients. Add almond meal and almond butter in the bowl. Mix with a spoon or hands. I actually had to mix with my hands. Beware: they are sticky! Add the mixture of the blender to the bowl and continue to mix. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. After they are fully mixed start to roll them into balls. Place into a container and let them chill for 2 hours or eat them right away. Whatever toots your boat!
 
Beware: these are quite addicting!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment